Monday, May 24, 2010

Tidbit

Looking at one of Elliott's picture books before his nap, I point out a picture of one of those old, rotary phones.

I ask, "Elliott, what's that?" as I point to the phone. He repeats the question to me. I say, "It's a phone." A brief look of disbelief crosses his face. And then he says, "Camera?"

"No, no. Its not a camera. It's a phone," I reply. He repeats, "Camera," slightly more adamently. That's when I realize, he doesn't think this phone is a camera. He thinks all phones HAVE cameras.

Welcome, Mommy, to the IPhone generation.

3 comments:

Alice said...

heh. has he actually ever SEEN a rotary phone? those must be hard to even come across these days.

NANA said...

HAHAHA ALICE THEY ARE CALLED ANTIQUES! OH HOW THINGS HAVE CHANGED AND IT JUST MAKES YOU WONDER WHAT ELLIOTT WILL BE TELLING HIS CHILDREN IN 50 YEARS

Lynn said...

Too funny! Makes me feel old :) Elliott is a cell phone expert though. I don't think I have ever met a child that loved phones like he does...must be all the buttons he can push.