Thursday, June 10, 2010

Speak the Truth

For dinner, I made my famous pizza from scratch. Bret says it's his favorite pizza, and I get all excited when Elliott eats it, because in this house, I count pizza sauce as one of the few vegetables Elliott will eat.

Mine and Elliott's pre-dinner conversation went something like this:

Me: What do you want with your pizza? Do you want an apple?

E: No.

Me: Do you want some carrots and dressing?

E: No.

Me: Do you want a yogurt?

E: No.

Me: Well, Elliott, you can't just have pizza for dinner. What do you want with your pizza?

E: Chocolate.

That's what I get for asking a 2-year old what he wants for dinner.

Well, we compromised with apple sauce. And he got a (Shhh! Whole Wheat) Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin for dessert. Another Mommy Specialty. Now, that's what we call a win-win-win.

And yes, he's texting at the dinner table. Can't win them all...

3 comments:

Tracy Bouchette Echternach said...

He's a smart one...gotta love that chocolate!!!

Alice said...

haha, he's a quick learner, that one.. :-)

NANA said...

CAN'T SAY THAT I BLAME HIM AS NANA WANTS CHOCOLATE AT DINNER TOO! PERHAPS I SHOULD TRY YOUR MUFFINS SHANNON- LOL
TEXTING? I LOOK FORWARD TO MY FIRST MESSAGE FROM HIM!