Saturday, March 14, 2009

Elliott, the Epicurean

When I was a child, the only cheese I knew was Kraft American singles in plastic wrappers. Elliott shuns this "processed cheese food." Now, don't get me wrong... Elliott LOVES cheese. We started him on sharp cheddar. He will tolerate the occassional mozzarrella string cheese stick, but what this kid really wants is gourmet deli cheese. One of his favorite foods is grilled cheddar cheese sandwiches on rye bread. But this week, Elliott took it to a new level. I gave Elliott a little smoked gouda. Verdict: Gouda Good!! (I think I was well into my 20s before I ate Gouda!)And then, Havarti.... with dill. I thought, "No way... he's gonna hate this." Wrong! He ate 2 slices by himself after eating a full lunch. My little cheese snob!

Here are some pictures of Elliott and Daddy dancing while Mommy cooked dinner!


Elliott loves sliding around on the kitchen floor in socked feet!

No comments: