Sunday, March 8, 2009

Elliott's First Birthday... and first blog

Ok, so I've finally been convinced that I need to join the 21st century and give my poor deprived son a blog... I mean, any kid who is anybody has a blog, right? I make no promises, but I'll give it a shot... and hopefully it will be easier for people to get pictures and updates out of me. So, here goes nothing....

Elliott's first birthday was a blast. In the tradition of his mother, Elliott's birthday lasted for several days. On Saturday, we first started with a birthday party - themed Fire Trucks and Sesame Street. Elliott insisted on eating his cake with a spoon, much to the dismay of his guests... but in the end he did not disappoint.

Elliott's grandmother came down on Sunday and for his first birthday we got Elliott's FIRST SNOW. Now, that was pretty exciting for everyone....

well, mostly everyone. Elliott thought it was pretty cool until we bundled him up in multiple layers and took him out in freezing temperatures.


Elliott, of course, had to have a second cake... and a second opportunity to blow out the candle. Again, he insisted on eating his cake with a spoon.



You'll notice that Elliott is wearing his traditional Korean first birthday suit (not THAT birthday suit!)

Elliott had a great birthday and got lots of nice presents from friends and family. Thanks so much for your cards, presents, and well wishes... he loves them all!

2 comments:

Alice said...

HOORAY!! this is so great! Daily Elliott! :-)

RUTHANN said...

HI ELLIOTT- THIS IS GREAT! HOPE YOU HAD A SUPER BIRTHDAY TOO. LOOKS LIKE YOU ENJOYED YOUR CAKE. I CAN HARDLY BELIEVE YOU ARE GETTING SO BIG.
I LOVE YOU- NANA RICKERT