Sunday, April 19, 2009

Broccoli is Yummy

We had such a beautiful Saturday! The weather was perfect! Elliott and Mommy went downtown in the morning while Daddy cut the grass and Elliott wowed the tourists with his incredible walking skills. Elliott thought it was the most fun to go on the other side of a wooden fence from Mommy while she fed him bits of waffle through the fence. While tourists gave us peculiar looks, I just smiled and said, "He's pretending to be a horse," and they would laugh and "awwww." I really have no idea why he found this so entertaining, but I got him to eat his breakfast.

Elliott has finally figured out how to use the rocking horse he got for Christmas! (Yay, overpriced present not a waste!) He clicks his tongue to imitate the sound they make when they walk and if you ask him about horses he rocks his body back and forth so that you know that he knows what you are talking about.

Elliott plays with Play-doh for the first time! He sat in that chair and played play-doh with me for about half an hour - I couldn't believe it!

As titled, here is Elliott not only eating raw broccoli, but LOVING raw broccoli. I was having some with my dinner (I didn't even bother offering him any... how rude!), when Elliott starts going, "eh, eh" and pointing at my plate. I broke him off a little "tree," thinking that he was going to spit it out immediately. Instead, I get another "eh, eh." I was so shocked, I didn't even encourage him to sign for "more"! I kept breaking off little pieces and offering them to him, and he kept eating them, until he grabbed the whole thing out of my hand and started biting off the top.

I, of course, like a good blogger, ran to get my camera.

2 comments:

Alice said...

ok, what kind of a wacky child is this?? eating good cheese and broccoli?? that picture of him in the puffy vest is TOO MUCH :-)

Lynn Shell said...

Crayons and Play-doh...Mommy is going to be a busy lady. I wish Elliott could teach Travis to eat veggies.