Friday, April 10, 2009

First Haircut Fun

Well, we finally broke down and took Elliott to get his first haircut.... his bangs kept falling into his eyes. We were putting it off for various reasons. One, I pretty much figured he was going to FREAK OUT. Two, I was enjoying his shaggy baby curls. And three, we didn't know who to take him to. So, on a recommendation from a friend, we took him to Sports Clips, primarily for the TVs.

How did it turn out? Well, the haircut was good. We were able to distract Elliott long enough to get the front and sides cut... the back is still long - but curls are still intact, so I'm happy. But I do just want to spout off for a minute. Why would any male get an overpriced hair cut at this place?? Their claim to fame is that you can watch sports while getting your hair cut. Well, let me tell you - it's on TV that is probably about as big as your computer screen, perhaps smaller. And there is no choice! Only one channel. I figured maybe they would put on PBS or something for Elliott... nope. Just ESPN, where a baseball game was playing. I just want to say.... if you are a man who pay 40 dollars for their "premium" cut just so you can watch baseball on a 10 inch screen while they spend 15 minutes on your hair.... you are a moron. (sorry to any this offends... I'll cut your hair in front on my much bigger TV for say, $30??)

That said, enjoy the pictures...


Elliott did a nice job of sitting while holding onto their HOT PINK monster truck. Note, Bret is wearing the smock, not Elliott.

The After Picture. Elliott was ready to get down, but look at how handsome he is!

Afterwards, we took Elliott to his favorite playground. Elliott got to play, and Mommy gets to take pictures of Elliott in his super cute overalls. A win-win.


Calvin Klein.... here I come!

Elliott REALLY likes to stomp his feet. He is very proud of himself when he does it.


All Aboard. The Elliott Express is now boarding. Pretty ladies first, please.




2 comments:

Alice said...

those overalls are AWESOME. and his new haircut looks great!

Lynn Shell said...

YAY for more Elliott pictures!!! I needed a good dose of cuteness on a Monday :) What a handsome little man with his new haircut and super adorable overalls. I agree w/ the SportClips rant...that place is a rip-off!!!